Patagonia Health EHR supports 2-factor authentication via one-time password (OTP) through SMS or email. Users logging into the EHR simply enter an additional 6-digit code that they receive on their registered SMS or email address. This feature is not required but is available at an extra fee for added security.
- Passwords can be vulnerable to hackers. Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds a second security layer to reconfirm your identity.
- 2FA can be easily deployed with no new hardware. One time passwords (OTP) can be accessed via email or text.
- Practice Administrator users can easily modify 2-factor configuration in the EHR.
- When sharing or accessing protected health information (PHI) with outside networks, using two-factor authentication is essential.
- 2FA makes working remotely more secure.
- Added security measures reduce the probability of a hacker gaining access to data, resulting in fewer security breaches.
- Improved security of protected health information
- Added assurance for your patients
- Reduced potential of data theft
- Compliance with HIPAA/HITECH security measures of data sharing