Posted By Monique Dever On May 11, 2015
Implementation date is October 1, 2015 – Start Preparing!
- Do NOT buy anymore diagnosis coding books until 2016 if you already have an ICD-10 book
- Use this time to become more familiar with the code differences
- Make cheat sheets to help providers and staff
Beware of Obstacles
- Resistance to change
- Challenge to updating skills
- Information Systems will need to be updated or changed
- Uses of coded data will be more difficult
- Workflows/processes will need to be updated
Read our ICD-10 blog articles that may be of interest to you.
ICD-10 has Big Benefits for Public Health