Patagonia Health Inc. is a healthcare software supplier that has built a cloud and apps-based software solution. The solution includes an integrated, federally-certified, Electronic Health Record (EHR), Practice Management (PM) and Billing software. The company’s mission is to solve two major barriers to EHR adoption, usability and cost, and address customers’ number one problem: billing. Patagonia Health’s one-of-a-kind apps-based system represents a paradigm shift in the EHR software industry, and its highly-intelligent solution uses sophisticated technology that is extremely easy-to-use. Innovative and unique apps provide timely data for organizations to improve workflow, streamline their operations and take their organizations to the next level.
Position: Staff Accountant
Patagonia Health is looking for a committed and driven individual who can contribute to a rapidly growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company. This is an opportunity to help with the further development of the accounting function and assist to position the company for continued growth. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who is willing to roll up sleeves to get things done. This is an important position to contribute towards achieving the company’s aggressive three (3) year growth plans and for the successful candidate to achieve their individual career progression goals. The environment is supportive, collaborative and highly dynamic. The position will report to Controller and will be required to work with employees throughout the organization up to and including the founder/CEO.
Job Location: Cary, NC
Full Time Position
We are looking for a Staff Accountant with extensive experience of working within a finance function for a small $10M company. Company wishes to migrate from cash to accrual-based accounting. You will be handling the fundamental aspects of financial record keeping, including generating sales invoicing, recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivables, expenses, reconciling bank and credit card statements and other operational report preparation.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities Include:
- Maintenance of customer database and generation of appropriate sales invoicing, and maintain monthly revenue recognition schedule for posting month end deferred revenue
- Interact with customers to ensure timely AR collections.
- Enter end of month journal entries for expense accruals, deferred revenue, etc.
- Process vendor bills, expense reimbursements and credit cards.
- Assist in the generation of check runs and address any vendor questions.
- Management of payroll processes and administration of company benefits.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual closing procedures including reconciliations
- Assist with tax compliance and reporting, including tax returns, sales taxes and tax inspections/audits.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish new processes, allowing for streamlining and efficiency
- Assist with the design, documentation and maintenance of solid accounting policies, processes, and systems to ensure optimum control of the operations
- Provide inputs on improving the timeliness & quality of periodic reporting to the Management
- Assist in preparation of presentation for the Management & Board Meeting
- Must have hands on knowledge and experience with QuickBooks and payroll processing.
- Must have full charge bookkeeping experience.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have a hands-on, accurate, detail-oriented and delivering on time capability and mindset.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with people in financial and non-financial roles.
- Ideally have experience in working with CPA firms or public accounting.
- Familiarity with technical accounting and knowledge of US GAAP including ASC 606-Revenue recognition for Software as a Service
- Prefer experience with Salesforce integration
- Must have 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Preferably education background with Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Accounting, having CPA certification is ideal, although not essential.
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply.
Commensurate with knowledge and experience.