Patagonia Health Inc. is a healthcare software supplier that has built a cloud and apps-based software solution. The solution includes an integrated, federally-certified, Electronic Health Record (EHR), Practice Management (PM) and Billing software. The company’s mission is to solve two major barriers to EHR adoption, usability and cost, and address customers’ number one problem: billing. Patagonia Health’s one-of-a-kind apps-based system represents a paradigm shift in the EHR software industry, and its highly-intelligent solution uses sophisticated technology that is extremely easy-to-use. Innovative and unique apps provide timely data for organizations to improve workflow, streamline their operations and take their organizations to the next level.
We are looking for committed and driven individuals who can contribute to a rapidly growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company. This is an opportunity to help with the further development of the accounting function and assist to position the company for continued growth. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who is willing to roll up sleeves to get things done. This is an important position to achieve company’s aggressive three (3) year growth plans. The environment is collaborative and highly dynamic. The position will report to a newly appointed senior finance officer and will be required to work with staff members throughout the organization up to and including the founder/CEO.
Job Location: Cary, NC
Full Time Position
Description:We are looking for a bookkeeper with extensive experience of working within a finance function for a small $10M company. Company wishes to migrate from cash to accrual-based accounting. You will be handling the fundamental aspects of financial record keeping, including generating sales invoicing, recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivables, expenses, reconciling bank and credit card statements and other operational report preparation.
Bookkeeper Responsibilities Include:
- An important part of the finance team reporting to the senior finance officer.
- Maintenance of customer database and generation of appropriate sales invoicing.
- Interact with customers to ensure timely AR collections.
- Enter journal entries, process vendor bills, expense reimbursements and credit cards.
- Assist in the generation of payment runs.
- Management of payroll processes and administration of company benefits.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual closing procedures including reconciliations
- Assist with tax compliance and reporting, including tax returns, sales taxes and tax inspections/audits.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish new processes, allowing for streamlining and efficiency
- Assist with the design, documentation and maintenance of solid accounting policies, processes, and systems to ensure optimum control of the operations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive full charge bookkeeping experience. Prefer experience in Software as a Service SaaS companies. Ideally has previous knowledge and experience with a fast growing technology based startup.
- Familiarity with technical accounting and knowledge of US GAAP
- Hands on knowledge and experience with QuickBooks and payroll processing. Prefer experience with salesforce integration
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel
- An accurate and detail-oriented approach to work
- A hands-on approach
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people in financial and non-financial roles.
- Preferably education background to Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Accounting
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Commensurate with knowledge and experience.