Patagonia Health’s robust platform offers the full scope of comprehensive features and functionality to help your organization provide consistent operational standards and increase the quality of patient care. At the same time, our web-based solution provides the freedom and flexibility to personalize the EHR to your individual practice or agency.
- System Features
- Practice Management & Billing
- Electronic Health Records
- Connectivity & Interoperability
- Intuitive, Web 2.0 user interface
- Personalize and order widgets to your preference for easy access to patient/consumer information
- Auto Learn/Auto Suggest system makes smart suggestions and minimizes typing
Anywhere, anytime access
- Cloud-based EHR
- Access patient records anywhere, anytime using any web-enabled device. Desktops, laptops and tablets are supported.
- Record sharing and routing with other physicians
- Each user chooses his or her screen layout and workflow
- Personalized user access standards allows providers to control staff access to sensitive information
- Extensive state, federal and county reports
- Advanced reporting capabilities for PQRI, NCQA and NQF
- Reporting complies with Meaningful Use requirements
- Generate patient lists against selected sort criteria
- Custom analytic reporting or KPI dashboards available
- HRSA Uniform Data System (UDS) Reporting
- Free data backup and recovery
- 99.9% server uptime
- Secure, expert managed data sites
On-demand video tutorials
- Extensive library of built-in video tutorials for learning at your convenience
Patagonia Health software electronically connects to more than 5,000 government and commercial insurance payers including Medicaid, Medicare, LME/MCO, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United, Cigna, etc. The system is compliant with all HIPAA transaction formats, including but not limited to 835, 837 and the new 5010.
Appointment scheduling and reminders
- The comprehensive and flexible scheduling module increases efficiency by scheduling patients, providers and resources.
- Automatic email reminders help reduce no-shows.
- Staff calendars can be shared internally.
Unlimited insurance eligibility verification
- Quickly and easily check a patient’s insurance eligibility to reduce claims denials.
- Within a couple of minutes, the responsible staff can query and verify insurance eligibility, co-pays and authorized services.
- The patient ledger keeps track of all claims, payments (by patients, insurers, providers) and balances, and provides a simple yet concise view of all patient financials.
Denials management and rejections
- This module allows you to efficiently understand the reasons for denials as well as make the necessary changes to quickly enable the resubmission of the claims.
Charge entry and scrubber
- Presetting a fee schedule in the system helps reduce routine/repetitive data entry.
- The built-in data scrubber ensures that clean and compliant claims are submitted to the payers.
- The billing module automatically submits primary and secondary claims per pre-configured rules established in the patient demographic setup.
- The included clearinghouse connectivity expedites claim submission and payments. Claims can be submitted either in real-time or in batches to best suit your chosen workflow requirements.
- Extensive reports are available to view the status of all claims (submitted, denials, paid, etc.).
- Timely patient statements increase collections, reduce effort and accelerate payment cycles. Statements can be created with various pre-selected criteria (e.g. specific aging or balance) and can be configured to meet your needs.
- The billing module receives the Electronic Remittance Advise (ERA) from the payers in the HIPAA compliant 835 format. Received ERAs are reconciled against the original claims and then the claims are automatically posted against each patient’s claims/account.
Electronic Super Bill
- Clinical notes captured in the EHR software flow into an Electronic Super Bill, or ESB. Billing staff can then quickly and easily review/audit all service charges in one central place and amend charges prior to sending them off to the payers.
- Extensive reports are available that allow you to stay on top of the financial health of your business.
- A personalized dashboard can be configured to meet your needs.
- Numerous standard reports such as business analysis (by claims, by procedures) and activity summary (by provider, by insurance, etc.) help you manage your business efficiently.
- Increase cash flow by efficiently following up on collections and all accounts payable. Collection reports can be easily exported for forwarding to a collections agency.
- Enter and track patient demographics, insurances (primary/secondary), and authorized services.
Sliding fee scales
- Extensive sliding fee scales are available for different programs.
Patagonia Health EHR is a comprehensive solution that can be personalized to each individual user’s workflow.
Features and capabilities include:
Meaningful Use 2011 (Stage 1) and 2014 (Stage 2) Edition
- Patagonia Health EHR is an ONC ATCB-certified EHR (full ambulatory) for 2011 and 2014.
Electronic fax (optional)
- Integrate lab results, x-reports, consult notes and other patient information and link them directly to patient records
- Unlimited faxing capabilities
- Lab results auto-populate directly into a patient’s record
- Electronic interface to LabCorp, Solstas or Quest (others available upon request)
- Interface to state, hospital and in-house labs
Personalized encounter note formats
- Create encounter note templates to your liking
- We create and modify templates to meet your specific needs
Dragon® voice recognition (optional)
- Integrated with Dragon® Medical for accurate encounter note dictation
- Staff can send quick messages to each other to increase communication
- Bulk upload
- Categorize, organize and store documents securely online
- Unlimited uploading and storage
Clinical Decision Support (CDS)
- Automated clinical alerts based on patient conditions
- Cloud-based CDS supports HEDIS rules
- Secure portal for patients to access their health information
- Patients can view their health data (with provider approval)
- Patients and providers can communicate via secure messaging
- ICD-9, CPT, SNOMED, RxNorm databases are updated regularly and in sync with releases
- ICD 10 ready
- DSM V ready
- Pharmacy database is up to date
- Prevent drug-to-drug and drug-to-allergy interactions
- Check drug formularies
- Get prescription history from different providers
- Fast retrieval of existing medications list
The following interfaces are supported by Patagonia Health:
Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- Patagonia Health is ready and compliant to connect with the state HIE
- Data transfer
- Import clinical data from other EHRs via federally-defined Continuity of Care Record (CCR) and CDA format
- Patagonia Health EHR is ready and compliant to connect with the state HIE. Generate CCD XML for integrating with other EHRs
- Avoid double-data entry. Data entered into the EHR automatically flows into immunization registries, where available. Patagonia Health has been federally certified using HL7 2.5.1 and is backward compatible with HL7 2.3.1. Patagonia Health also includes (as an option) vaccine inventory management and bar code scanning software.
Electronic Disease Syndrome Surveillance System
- Update state databases with surveillance data, where available. The EHR software communicates with the electronic surveillance system so that information entered in one system auto-populates in the other.
- To view all of our interfaces, click here.