Charting the Omaha System way, Integrated in the EHR Software
The Omaha System was designed to automate health care assessments and services at the point-of-care. It has been used by caregivers and nurses for many years. Patagonia Health EHR is developing a built-in optional App solution that adheres to the Omaha System principles, offering all the Omaha System capabilities and benefits directly from the EHR records.
- The Omaha System App is a comprehensive health assesment tool, a well defined health intervention language, and a multi-dimensional measurement scale.
- Its purpose is to improve and standardize public health practice, documentation, data collection, and outcome reporting.
- Standardization of data allows clinical data to link to demographics, administrative, billing, and staffing data.
- Integrated directly into the EHR for seamless workflow of clinical charting all within the patient’s health records.
Features & Benefits
- Simple and understandable
- Effective method for documentation, communication, coordination of care, and outcome measurement
- Uses standardized data sets for classification of problems
- Uses defined terms to add specificity to the intervention
- Utilizes the KBS (knowledge, behavior, solution) 5-point rating scale for outcomes and evaluation of change